I am super excited to participate in my first book blog tag! The questions included are pretty specific so it actually took some thought to come up with my answers. Hopefully after reading through this, you’ll feel like you know me and my book habits a little bit more.
Here we go!
- You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I usually tend to read the books that I need to read first. This includes book review requests I’ve accepted, Netgalley ARCs, as well as the books that I’m the most interested in! For example, since Shadow and Bone is coming out on Netflix soon, I prioritized reading those books first.
- You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
Ahh this one is so hard. I never like DNFing a book but if I’m halfway through and really dreading it, I’ll usually put it down. You can read more about my dnf habits here: 5 Signs You Should DNF Your Read
- The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Yes! I’m the type of person that makes goals and aims to achieve them because if I don’t, I won’t feel comfortable. If my reading goal is still within reach and realistically attainable, I’ll start scheduling reading into my calendar to make sure it gets done.
- The covers of a series you love do not match. How do you cope?
This is heartbreaking. Why does even ever happen? In this situation I’d probably wait until a re-print happens or a better cover comes out. This happened to the ACOTAR series when the covers changed midway…luckily I didn’t buy any of those books and just read them through the library.
- Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
This actually happens to me kind of often and it makes me feel like it’s my fault I don’t like the book. I’ll talk to my bookish friends about it and just read through the 1-2 star rating reviews on Goodreads to feel less alone.
- You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I’d just let it happen (discreetly)! I think it’s okay to show emotion out in public…as long as no one stares at me haha because then I’d be a little bit embarrassed.
- A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel?
Ideally yes, I’d re-read but knowing me, I usually don’t have time for that so I’d go online and find a detailed plot synopsis or quickly skim through the book before starting the sequel.
- You do not want anyone borrowing your books. How do you politely say no when someone asks?
I mean, I’m actually all for letting people borrow my books because I want them to read too! I would just tell them to be careful with my books – don’t crack the spine, don’t open the pages too widely, don’t fold the cover, don’t bend the pages…there’s a lot of rules hahahaha
- You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
Thankfully, I haven’t really gone through a serious reading slump before but I do have days where I have less motivation to read. Usually watching some videos from BookTube or participating in a reading sprint online does the trick. I’ve also talked about this before: 10 Ways To Get Out Of A Reading Slump
- There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read. How many do you end up buying?
Honestly, maybe 20% of those books. Most of the books I read are actually borrowed from the library! This is awesome because I can read a large selection of books and if I like any of them, I can buy them!
- After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read, how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Hmm this is a good question. Sometimes I’ll read them right away and other times I’ll be relieved and happy to have them on my shelves and feel like I can take my time to read them since I already have them!
Ahh these questions were so much fun to answer! I’m tagging some other book bloggers to do this tag as well!
- Its Koo Book Reviews
- Twirling Book Princess
- A Book And A Chai
- One Book More
- KZ Rochelle